QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Description Summary
GE Hydro is a tier 2 business with € 1,5 Bn of sales and a global headcount of 6500. Sourcing organization of the business is structured around commodities. The Sourcing Buying/Procurement Intern contributes to implementing tactical and strategic initiatives by teamworking with Regional Commodity Buyers, Procurement Specialists, Project Fulfillment Leaders and Material Planners to provide transactional support.
This is a 6 months internship
Main topics of intern training:
IT Skills : hands-on experience in SAP
Soft Skills : presentation, public speaking, exposure
Team : effective collaboration, performing under pressure
- Provide transactional support to the Supply Chain Team
- Assist in executing competitive bid events and other sourcing projects
- Assist in communicating with and negotiating with suppliers
- Perform detailed analysis of PRs, POs, and other data to identify delays, OTDs, savings, and slippages.
- Help to define efficiency opportunities, tactical and strategic initiatives that should be undertaken.
- Assist with the identification of appropriate potential suppliers
- Fresh graduates or Students minimum at 3rd year of University or , studying technical disciplines.
- Proven academic excellence throughout their educational career, showing evidence of being on-track for a degree in a quantitative discipline: Engineering/Supply Chain & Logistics/Computer Science.
- Fluent in English
- Willing to work full-time during summer and around 20h/week during academic year
- Spanish or French is an adder
- Technology enthusiast. Passion/aptitude for both software and information technology. Up to date with current industry standards, Microsoft excel and information technology development tools.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom. Extra initiatives/engagements in student organizations is a plus
- Communicative & open- minded. Good written and verbal communication skills
- Mindset to anticipate and resolve challenges
- Previous experience in a shared service center, procurement or operations experience
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
- Professional style when dealing with business clients
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Numerate with a good eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Outlook, SAP is an adder