QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Roles and Responsibilities:
The IT Internship offers students placement opportunities for 6 months in GE Information Technology. The IT internship consists of an intensive combination of on the job training in various technologies and opportunities for exposure across multiple information technology concepts, finance, leadership, and business skills.
Internship follows one of the tracks listed below:
- ITIL Service Management
- IT Project Engagement/Management
- End User/VIP/Remote Support
- Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Vendor Management
- PC Hardware, Software, Installation/Fix and License Management
- IDM/Access Management
- Patch Management
- L1 of Wintel Server, Storage, Backup, PBX and Network Management
- Office Infra Support included cabling, Internet, printer, Wifi, TP and SRS
- Engineering/Web Application Support
- Main topics of interns training:
- IT Skills: dedicated to work, open and eager to learn new topics for adding value
- Soft Skills: presentation, public speaking, exposure
- Team: effective collaboration, performing under pressure
A successful IT internship with GE Aviation can lead to opportunities such as:
- Potential candidates with a passion and aptitude for technology and to further develop their technical, leadership and business skills as they transition from Aviation site to the working world.
- Permanent and paid work within GE Aviation, working with teams on solving real problems and supporting external and internal customers.
- Internship extension on the same or different position
- Students minimum at 3rd year of University, studying technical disciplines (primary IT)
- Proven academic excellence throughout their educational career, showing evidence of being on-track for a degree in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science/ Physics/ Management Information Systems/ Mathematics /Engineering preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Willing to work full-time during summer and min. 20h/week during academic year
- Someone prepared to sign 6-month contract starting from 1st of June/July
- Technology enthusiast. Passion/aptitude for both software and information technology. Up to date with current industry standards, trending software and information technology development tools.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom. Extrainitiatives/engagements in student organizations is a plus
- Communicative & open- minded. Good written and verbal communication skills